If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
Branding the installation
For testing your style, use Wizard2.ycp file.
The style consist of a cascade style sheet (css) file ( with .qss extension ), and artwork & images you use in the stylesheet.
By default, YaST uses style.qss located in /usr/share/YaST2/theme/current/wizard . However for the installation the file installation.qss is used.
You can modify on runtime which style YaST uses.
Y2STYLE=installation.qss /usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base ./Wizard2.ycp qt
|Note: branding only works with the Qt user interface backend. Currently the Gtk toolkit does not provide such capabilities. However, on the installation, Qt is always used.|
Look at the installation.qss file, and you will figure out which sections of the installation screen are defined as classes and ids in the stylesheet.
The following hotkeys are enabled in the Qt/X11 GUI
- open a terminal window (xterm), useful for VNC installs
- Debug level
- Debug module write
- Print key
- Save logs to
- Start/Stop macro recorder
- Accesibility, Switch to vision impaired palette.
从 YaST 中调用终端
Sometimes it is useful, or even necessary, to get a text console in the middle of the installation.
There are three ways to do this
- non-remote text mode
- consoles can be normally switched with Ctrl+F1, Ctrl+F2, etc.
- non-remote graphical mode
- use Ctrl+Alt+F1, Ctrl+Alt+F2 etc., and Ctrl+Alt+F7 to return to the graphical installer.
- remote graphical installation
- where hardware console switching is not available, use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+X to open a text-mode terminal within the graphical installer
There is a root shell open on the consoles (except those that show system messages), and basic shell commands are available.
- Installation over wireless network Adjusting WiFi encryption manually
- RPM lock files You can't use software install because "an other yast session is running", but there are none
- Remote loggin in installation Testing and debugging YaST
- Install from the command line: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/trench/15408.html