If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
The Live-Cd's/Dvd's of openSUSE have a promotional effort and can be tested without changing something on the actual machine or installed operating system. Though you can install openSUSE directly from these Live-CD's their first attempt is to demonstrate the quality and stability of openSUSE.
This site contains a list of links and explanations for Live CD's of openSUSE that you can download from our sites.
For the most recent Live-CD of the stable Distribution
look the 11.1 Live-CD/-DVD with GNOME or KDE.
you can choose between the the system type ( 64-bit , 32-bit or PowerPC).
Then choose an installation medium(Live-DVD or Live-CD).
If you choose Live-CD, also decide which desktop-environment you want.
Your preferred way of downloading it(Bittorent or standard FTP/HTTP).
And finally start downloading one of the ISOimages by clicking on the links in 4.
The stable release CD/DVD features GNOME 2.24 and/or KDE 4.1/3.5.9 .
... User: linux Pwd: <enter> and User: root Pwd: <enter> .
Unofficial updated GNOME and KDE live CDs
openSUSE community live CDs
- openSUSE-11.1 KDE-3.5.10 live CDs (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions)
- openSUSE-11.1 KDE-4.3.x live CD (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions)
- XFCE Live CD project (currently only openSUSE-11.0 XFCE Live CD)
- openSUSE LXDE Live CD ] openSUSE-LXDE live installable iso based on openSUSE 11.1 made with SUSE-STUDIO
SOAD Linux (SuSE-On-Active-Diet Linux) live CD
- SOAD Linux live CD with Enlightenment Based on openSUSE-11.1 ... User: linux Pwd: soad and User: root Pwd: soad . See also Enlightenment for openSUSE
- Welcome to the SOAD! (PDF) 'Quick Start' or 'Getting Started' instructions (it's recommended to read before the actual image download).
NonOSS and Language Packs
If you are not quite sure that will your installed version will support the downloaded extra language pack CD/DVD too.Better leave it
OpenSUSE is an open source Distribution. So if you are used to programs like Adobe Acrobat or flash and would like to use them still. Please either download them later from the package repositories or download the nonOSS CD, too..
openSUSE on bootable USB-Sticks
- If you don't have a blank CD or DVD to burn the ISO-Images , consider reading the instructions to make a bootable thumbdrive with openSUSE.
- Link to an openSUSE-11.1 KDE-3.5.10 "live" bootable USB
- SOAD project provides both LiveCD and USB-stick images. USB should have a minimum capacity of 1Gb.
For students, teachers and concerned parents we have a Live-CD dedicated to Educational efforts. Click here for further information to the openSUSE-Edu Li-f-e live DVD.
For contributers and testers the most important Live distribution might be the Factory distribution of openSUSE. See here if you are curios about it.
Build your own live CD
Those interested in trying to build their own live CD can take a look here: http://susestudio.com/